Terms and Conditions
Seniors Newspapers – Win a $69,990 Caravan with Palm Lake Resort
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Australian residents residing in New South Wales, Victoria or Queensland to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and over to be eligible to enter (“eligible entrant”).
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- Contestants acknowledge that by entering this competition, they agree to opt in to receiving newsletters, direct marketing material and surveys from Seniors Newspapers and Palm Lake Resort.
- Contestants acknowledge that by submitting photos of themselves or others for the purposes of this competition that the photos become the property of ARM Specialist Media and their related companies and the images may be used in the future without further express prior permission from the contestant.
- Contestants acknowledge that by entering photos into this competition, that they have sought express permission from that person. Where the picture depicts subjects under the age of 18 years, express permission from a parent/legal guardian of that minor child has been granted.
- If contestants wish to opt out of direct marketing, surveys or newsletters, they can write to the Promoter at the address provided in Clause 9.
- The Promoter is ARM Specialist Media Pty Ltd, 2 Newspaper Place, Maroochydore Qld 4558. ABN 73 064 061 794. Phone Number: 07 5430 1006.
- To enter, contestants must obtain a Palm Lake Sticker (Clause 11 a, b, c, or d) and take a photo with the sticker, then upload the photo to www.seniorsnews.com.au.
Stickers can be obtained between Monday August 15, 2016 and Friday November 25, 2016 from
- email@example.com – email us and request a sticker be sent to you.
- Copy of Palm Lakes Magazine (Spring 2016) – free publication available to Palm Lakes Resort registered customers.
- Palm Lakes Resort Reception - any Palm Lake Resort Reception desk. List of Resorts can be located at www.palmlakeresort.com.au/locations/
Inside Seniors Newspapers – single stickers will be inserted in the following Seniors Newspaper Editions on the dates indicated:
- Sunshine Coast Seniors – September 5, 2016
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs Seniors – September 12, 2016
- Wide Bay Seniors – September 19, 2016
- Northern NSW Seniors – September 19, 2016; and
- Coffs & Clarence Seniors – September 26, 2016
- Central Coast Seniors – September 26, 2016.
- Contestants must enter via www.seniorsnews.com.au by submitting their photo and entering all information listed below into the online entry form by 5:00pm on Friday November 25, 2016.
- First name
- Last name
- Suburb and postcode
- Daytime contact phone number
- Contact email
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Photos must have the following qualities to be considered a valid photo for entry:
- In focus photograph
- Creativity of the photo as determined by the competition judges (see clause 30)
- Marketability of the photo as determined by the competition judges (see clause 30)
- Be the sole author and owner of copyright of the submitted image/photograph.
- Images can be black and white or colour.
- Images containing nudity, animal cruelty, sexualised images, harassment or other images deemed by law to be of an illicit or illegal nature will not be eligible to enter and will not form part of a valid entry.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however, there is only one (1) prize to be won.
- There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
- Entries must be received during the Promotion Period (Clause 27). The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted as part of a valid entry.
- By entering this competition, entrants grant to the Promoter and Palm Lake Resort a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free licence to use the materials provided by the entrant for the purposes of conducting the competition and for marketing and promotional purposes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant for:
- Tampering with these Terms and Conditions:
- Tampering with the entry process; or
- If the Contestant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to put the fair and proper conduct of the promotion in jeopardy.
- The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- There will be one (1) winner judged as having the best overall entry based on a valid entry of a contestant selfie photo and sticker. This competition is a game of skill, not a random draw. The winner will receive:
- One (1) Majestic Caravan “Garoova” model consisting of:
- A 19’6 ft. Caravan, including typical features for this model provided by Majestic Caravans.
- Registration is covered for the first 12 months and will be pre-registered for any winner from Victoria or Queensland. Winners from NSW will be provided with the required documents so they can register the caravan and registration costs will be reimbursed to the winner upon receipts being provided to ARM Specialist Media Pty Ltd.
- The winner may choose some interior colours and finishes, subject to manufacturer availability and standard features that form part of the standard inclusions of the “Garoova” Caravan.
- Optional extras available for the “Garoova” caravan are at the expense of the winner and the Promoter will not be liable for any costs involved with optional fittings or fixtures other than provided as standard.
- Depending on the location of the winner, the prize can be collected in person from 1 of 2 Majestic Caravan sites:
- Geelong, Victoria
- Caboolture, Queensland
- All other freight, shipping or collection costs outside the two (2) listed Majestic Caravan sites is the responsibility of the winner.
- All insurance including any cover required while in transit and any related costs to ship or collect the Caravan is the responsibility of the winner. The Promoter is not liable for these costs.
- All ongoing costs after delivery of the prize become the responsibility of the winner including (but not exhaustive) fuel, mechanical work, tyres, registration and insurances. The Promoter will not be liable for these costs.
- The total maximum value of the prize for this competition is up to $70,397.00 (inclusive of GST).
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
27. The competition commences on Monday August 15, 2016 and closes at 5:00pm on Friday November 25, 2016 (Promotion Period). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
28. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition.
ii) Employees of, or owners to, the registered participating businesses as far as they are directly associated with this competition including Palm Lake Resort and Majestic Caravans and their families and supporting sponsors and their families.
iii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees, contractors and sponsors (whether or not they live in the same household).
iv) Any contestant found to have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
29. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
30. The prize winner will be selected from the judging of all valid entries by the General Manager, Seniors News Network and the CEO of Palm Lake Resort, at the Palm Lake office, 30406/9 Lawson Street, Southport, Q ld. 4215 on November 28, 2016 with an independent scrutineer present to confirm the draw.
31. The winner will be contacted both by telephone and email.
32. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Brisbane and Sunshine Coast Seniors Newspaper on December 5, 2016.
- Gold Coast and Toowoomba Seniors Newspaper on December 12, 2016.
- Wide Bay and Northern NSW Seniors Newspaper on December 19, 2016.
- Central Coast and Coffs & Clarence Seniors Newspaper on December 19, 2016.
34. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness and photos.
35. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
36. The prize collection will be arranged with the winner upon verification and validation of their entry.
37. Any winner must provide Government issued photo identification to confirm the Contestant’s identity and residence.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to collect their prize.
39. If the initial winner drawn do not present to collect the prize within 90 days from the initial draw, the entry thought to be the next best photo entry received will be classified the winner. The winner will be contacted by telephone as per these terms and conditions.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
40. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for collection.
41. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods and/or services offered as prizes.
42. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
43. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
44. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
46. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.