Terms and Conditions
Seniors Newspapers – Win tickets to “Young at Heart”
- The Promoter is ARM Specialist Media, 3/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Queensland 4006. ABN 73 064 061 794.
- By entering this competition, contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Queensland residents who reside in the distribution area of their local Newspaper publication through which they are entering.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and older to be eligible to enter.
- Competition is open to residents in Queensland only.
- The competition is a game of chance.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
8. To enter, Contestants must enter on-line via the Seniors Website www.seniorsnews.com.au and complete all requested information which includes (but not limited to) Name, Address, Phone Number, Seniors Newspaper Region, then submit their entry within the Promotion Period (see Clause 14).
9. Contestants may only enter once and can only win once throughout the competition.
10. There is no cost to enter the competition; however, internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
11. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
12. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
13. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
14. The competition commences on Monday March 6, 2017 and closes at 5:00pm AEST Wednesday April 9, 2017 (‘Promotion Period’). Entries received outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid.
15. There will be 20 contestants drawn via random electronic draw from all valid entries received. The winners will each receive:
- 1 of 20 in-season double passes to ‘Young at Heart’, Seniors Film Festival, showing at the Palace Centro Cinema, 39 James Street, Fortitude Valley, Qld between April 20, 2017 and April 26, 2017 (inclusive).
- General terms and conditions for Palace Centro apply.
- Double Passes have a RRP $14.00 each (inclusive of GST).
- Passes must be claimed by the winners no later than Tuesday April 18, 2017 at 5:00pm AEST. Unclaimed prizes will be entered into a prize redraw (clause 29).
- Total maximum retail value of the prize pool in this competition is $280.00 (inclusive of GST).
16. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and shown as Recommended Retail Price. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
17. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner.
18. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may at its absolute discretion substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
19. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
20. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
21. The prize winners will be selected via an electronic draw at the Sunshine Coast Daily, 2 Newspaper Place, Maroochydore, Qld. on Thursday April 10, 2017 at 12:00pm AEST.
22. Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification. The winners will be contacted by telephone.
23. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The winner’s details will be published in the Brisbane Seniors May Edition - May 8, 2017.
25. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
26. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
27. Prizes must be claimed by the winner whose name appears on the online entry. The winner will be contacted by telephone, and requested to confirm their details in writing (generally email).
28. Prizes that remain unclaimed at the time and date specified in Clause 16 will be entered into a prize redraw at Sunshine Coast Daily, 2 Newspaper Place, Maroochydore, Qld on Wednesday April 19, 2017 at 10:00am AEST. Redraw winners will be contacted by telephone.
29. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
30. The Contestant grants these rights to the Promoter which are perpetual and acknowledges that the Contestant will not receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether monetary or otherwise) from the Promoter in connection with the making, use or storage of the Content.
31. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), subject to any relevant lotteries and gaming authority regulation’s, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY
32. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
i) Any error, omission, interruption or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by The Promoter or any Contestant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
ii) Any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications;
iii) Any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
iv) Any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise);
33. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. If for any reason any element of the Prize becomes available or not capable of being delivered to the Winner for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter will have no obligation to provide a similar prize to the Winner or otherwise compensate the Winner in any way.
34. All Contestants enter the competition at their own risk and the Winner accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (“the Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for and indemnify the Promoter in respect of any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Contestant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including, without limitation:
- Any indirect, economic or consequential loss;
- Any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
35. All Contestants consent, by entering the Competition to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without compensation, financial or otherwise, for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products and services.
36. The Contestant grants these rights to the Promoter which are perpetual and acknowledges that the Contestant will not receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether monetary or otherwise) from the Promoter in connection with the making, use or storage of the Content.
37. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), subject to any relevant lotteries and gaming authority regulation’s, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
PRIVACY DISCLOSURE AND CONSENT TO USE INFORMATION
38. The Contestant acknowledges and permits the Promoter during and after the Competition to:
- Collect, store, handle, access, manage, transfer, uses and disclose personal information about the Contestant, including name, suburb, age and image, in connection with the Content. This includes transmission outside of Australia.
- The Contestant may revoke its consent to this clause at any time upon written notice to the Promoter, (refer Clause 7) however existing uses of the images and recordings will not be impacted by this revocation or withdrawal of consent;
- Contact the Contestant for any reason related to the Competition or other activities of the Promoter.
39. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
40. Survey results will be shared with other parties however, no personal information provided by contestants will be shared without that contestant’s express consent.
42. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.