Terms and Conditions
Seniors Newspapers – Miles Franklin Book Competition
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent residents of New South Wales to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants acknowledge that by entering this competition, they agree to opt in to receiving newsletters and surveys.
- If contestants wish to opt out of direct marketing, surveys or newsletters, they can write to the Promoter at the address provided in Clause 6.
- Contestants who are under the age of 18 years must have parent/legal guardian permission to enter the competition.
- The Promoter is ARM Specialist Media, 2 Newspaper Place, Maroochydore Qld 4558. ABN 73 064 061 794. Authorised under Permit NSW/ LTPS/16/07820.
Contestants must describe in 25 words or less “Which Miles Franklin finalist is your favourite and why?” This competition name must appear on the subject line of the email.
Contestants must provide the following details in their email
- Email address
- Postal Address
- Phone number
- Seniors newspaper region in which they live.
- Contestants must provide the following details in their email
- Email entries must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email address opens on Monday, October 3, 2016.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however any contestant can only win one (1) prize.
- There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
- Entries must be received during the Promotion Period (see Clause 20). The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
There will be three (3) winners chosen by random draw. The winners will be chosen at random from all email entries received from the following Seniors Newspaper regions:
- Northern News South Wales Seniors Newspaper
- Central Coast Seniors Newspaper
- Coffs & Clarence Seniors Newspaper.
The winners will each receive the following prize:
- One (1) set of the five (5) Miles Franklin finalists books, retail value up to $23.95 (inclusive of GST).
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is up to $71.85 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Monday October 3, 2016 and closes at 9:00am (AEDT) November 14, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received after the Promotion Period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected by random draw at the Sunshine Coast Daily office, 2 Newspaper Place, Maroochydore at 9:00am (AEST) Monday November 21, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone and email.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Winners will be published in the listed newspapers on the dates indicated. Online and Facebook will be published on Wednesday November 23, 2016.
- Central Coast Seniors Newspaper 19/12/2016
- Northern NSW Seniors Newspaper – 19/12/2016
- Coffs & Clarence Seniors Newspaper – 19/12/2016
- Website: www.seniorsnews.com.au
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/seniorsnews/
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person unless Winners are otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID may be required.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form if collecting their prize from a newspaper office to confirm collection of their prize.
- All prizes must be collected by the winner within 90 days of being notified. Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days will be re-entered into a uncollected prize redraw as per the draw in these terms and conditions at Sunshine Coast Daily, 2 Newspaper Place, Maroochydore
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
33. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
34. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
35. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
36. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
38. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion. If a contestant wishes to opt out of receiving information on Seniors for marketing purposes, they must request they be removed from our database by writing to the Promoter at the address shown in clause 6.