Winter treat: Cinnamon teacake
EASY to make and wonderfully soft, this spicy cinnamon teacake is a perfect tea-time treat.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Grease a 4.5cm deep, 20cm round cake pan.
- Line base and side with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla together for two minutes or until combined.
- Stir in half the flour, then half the milk.
- Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Level top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Stand in pan for five minutes.
- Turn, top-side up, onto a wire rack.
- Make topping: Combine cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Brush hot cake with butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon mixture.
- Cool and serve.
- 65g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 10g butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 15 minutes.
- 30 minutes.
- Capable cooks.