WINNER: Warwick named one of Australia's top tourist towns
IT IS official: Warwick is one of the best tourist destinations in Australia.
This is according to Wotif.com, a leading tourism website.
The 2019 Wotif Aussie Town of the Year Award recognised the ten most deserving locations across the country that have made a unique contribution to Australian tourism.
Wotif.com used data about each destination's affordability, demand, accommodation and traveller reviews to rank every town in the country.
Warwick came in at number ten while Port Fairy in Victoria landed the top spot.
We are blessed with plenty of top quality natural attractions, a swag of wonderful hotels, adventure parks and day trip destinations, but it was the Warwick Rodeo that nudged the region over the line.
The huge annual event, held on the last weekend of October, generated plenty of visitor interest and positive reviews while also being affordable.
Wotif 2019 Aussie Town of the Year winners
1. Port Fairy (Vic): Delivering old world charm with a modern twist, Port Fairy sits on the doorstep of the famed Great Ocean Road, boasting a rich history with the chance to spot native whales, seals and dolphins.
2. Albany (WA): As close as you'll get to a historic European city in WA, Albany is the Western state's oldest European settlement with a rich history and fantastic family appeal.
3. Port Augusta (SA): The heart and crossroads of Australia, and the gateway to the Flinders Ranges, Port Augusta is located on the peaceful waterways of the Spencer Gulf, famed for breathtaking sunsets that are worth the trip alone.
4. Bendigo (VIC): Get your cultural fix by visiting one of Australia's biggest regional arts and culture hubs.
5. Forster (NSW): Arguably one of the best whale watching destinations in Australia, Forster stands as an Aussie underdog and best kept secret when it comes to untouched beaches.
6. Cowra (NSW): Experience a little slice of Japan on your very own doorstep. Watch the sea of cherry blossoms flower in spring all without boarding a plane.
7. Palm Cove (QLD): A tropical paradise nestled between Cairns and Port Douglas, breezy Palm Cove offers the ultimate beachside escape.
8. Scamander (TAS): A classic Tassie holiday shack village, with wide sandy beaches, riverside retreats, nature reserves and fishing hot spots. We'll say no more.
9. Dubbo (NSW): Well-known for Taronga Western Plains Zoo and some of Australia's best regional hospitality going around.
10. Warwick (QLD): This isn't Warwick's first rodeo. Famously known as the 'Rose and Rodeo City', Warwick is the proud home of Australia's best rodeo riders, and so much more. Yee-ha!