Why millionaires could cruise into the Coast tomorrow
IT is listed as the world's finest luxury cruise liner for those with a million dollar bank balances and its newest ship will be docking in Mooloolaba tomorrow, January 31.
Seabourn Encore, which has been heralded as the "launch of a new era in luxury cruising" will be bringing its 600 guests for the first of a series of planned visits.
Encore was only officially christened on January 7 in Singapore with international recording artist and world's best-selling soprano, Sarah Brightman, taking part in the naming ceremony.
The Phantom of the Opera star has been listed as the "godmother" of the cruise ship.
With 16-day Queensland and Great Barrier Reef cruises, which take in Mooloolaba, starting at $8499 per person, Encore promises to bring a new level of luxury cruising to the Sunshine Coast.
Visit Sunshine Coast said the region had eight cruises stop in Mooloolaba in 2016, with another 10 set to hit our shores this year.
Each stopover is estimated to generate around $250,000 in spending and flow-on expenditure in the local Sunshine Coast economy.
Sunshine Coast Mayor Mark Jamieson and a small media contingent will be allowed a tour of Encore when it docks in Mooloolaba.
5 reasons Encore is taking cruising to a new level of luxury:
1. This is no ordinary ship. It has been designed by Adam D. Tihany who has been recognised as one of the pre-eminent designers in the world, specialises in developing elegantly individual spaces for the most highly rated restaurants, hotels, resorts and spas in the hospitality industry.
2. Only 600 passengers with 400 staff means individual needs are specifically catered for.
3. The food. American chef, Thomas Keller, whose land based restaurant requires months in advance booking has his own restaurant, the Grill on Encore. The ship has six restaurants with "something for everybody".
4. The entertainment. Three times Oscar award-winning lyricists Tim Rice has partnered with Seabourn and Belinda King Creative Productions to produce "An Evening with Tim Rice," which will debut on-board the Encore.
5. The luxury: No tiny rooms with no windows on Encore. Each room has a sweeping ocean view with spaciousness and luxury finishings, including all marble bathrooms.