The Walking Dead S6E03 review: Thank You
*warning: potential spoilers lie ahead if you haven't finished season six, episode three*
REVIEW: What? How? Why?
<insert muffled complaints>
What have you done Scott Gimple?
The Walking Dead's writers have raised the bar this season with three of the best episodes to date, but may have just killed off one of the show's favourite characters.
"Thank You" picked up where "First Time Again" left off with Rick (Andrew Lincoln), Daryl (Norman Reedus) and the crew leading the superherd away from Alexandria.
The trust issues between the Alexandrians and Rick and Michonne (Danai Gurira) reared its head again at the worst possible time, and several Alexandrians paid the ultimate price.
Rick split from the rest of the escaping group to play his role in the main plan, leaving Glenn (Steven Yeun) and Michonne in charge.
Nicholas (Michael Traynor, easily the most disliked The Walking Dead character in a long time) and Glenn tried to create a distraction to allow Michonne, Heath (Corey Hawkins) and the rest of that group to return to Alexandria.
Only three - Michonne, Heath and Scott - made it back.
Who is your favourite character on The Walking Dead?
This poll ended on 03 November 2015.
Other (let us know in the comments)
This is not a scientific poll. The results reflect only the opinions of those who chose to participate.
Nicholas and Glenn's attempt to distract the walkers worked enough to allow the others to make an escape, but in doing so trapped themselves in a dead end.
They stood atop a dumpster surrounded by a horde, and Nicholas again had a PTSD-like episode. Nicholas gave up and took his life, and in the process caused Glenn to fall into the horde.
It was confirmed on Talking Dead, a panel show about the The Walking Dead, we had not seen the last of Glenn, but whether that means he survived is yet to be seen. This series has used minor time shifts to enhance its storytelling so it could mean we have to relive the moment again.
THE WALKING DEAD: SEASON SIX
- The Walking Dead's season six premiere one of the best
- The Walking Dead s6 ep2 preview: Alexandria under threat
- The Walking Dead S6E02 review: Is JSS the best episode ever?
- The Walking Dead S6E03 preview: “Thank You”
- The Walking Dead S6E03 review: Thank You
- The Walking Dead S6E04 preview: Here’s Not Here
- The Walking Dead S6E04 review: Here’s Not Here
- The Walking Dead S6E05: Now preview
- The Walking Dead S6E05: Now review
- The Walking Dead S6E06: Always Accountable preview
- The Walking Dead S6E06: Always Accountable review
- The Walking Dead S6E07: Heads Up preview
- The Walking Dead S6E07: Heads Up review
- The Walking Dead: An interview with Alpha Wolf Benedict Samuel
- The Walking Dead S6E08: Start to Finish review
A few more things:
- Rick cut his hand with a machete he "retrieved" from a walker's body. In the comics his hand was cut off by The Governor - could this be a way to align the TV show and comic Ricks?
- At the end Rick was ambushed by five Wolves in the RV. Conveniently the walkie talkie was on so several members of his group heard the commotion. The real threat came from the woods moments over as hundreds of walkers appeared.
- What is going on with Daryl? He took off on the bike and abandoned the mission, only to return when he heard Rick in trouble on the walkie talkie.
- Abraham and Sasha didn't have too much to do in this episode. How are they going mentally?
- Morgan's roots revealed. The promo for next week's episode "Here's Not Here" teased it would show how Morgan changed from the shell in the second season to the badass he is now.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
The Walking Dead airs Mondays at 12.30pm or 7.30pm (AEST) on FX (Channel 119).