'The best thing to hold onto in life is each other'
VALENTINE'S Day can be fun, it can be lonely, it can make you melancholy, or it can just pass by without so much as how-do-you-do.
Sometimes reading the love insights of others can make your day a little bit more mellow or a whole lot brighter.
Enjoy a selection of thoughts from the famous and infamous people; some are light and some are poignant, but all are worth a moment of our time.
- "If music be the food of love, play on." - William Shakespeare
- "Life is short. Kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly." - Paulo Coelho
- "Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give - which is everything." - Katharine Hepburn
- "When you love someone, you love the person as they are, and not as you'd like them to be." - Leo Tolstoy
- "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
- "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." - Audrey Hepburn
- "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love." - Mother Teresa
- "Love is the answer, and you know that for sure; Love is a flower, you've got to let it grow." - John Lennon
- "I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love." - Marilyn Monroe
- "I love that feeling of being in love, the effect of having butterflies when you wake up in the morning. That is special." - Jennifer Aniston
- "Where there is love there is life." - Mahatma Gandhi
- "In the silence of night I have often wished for just a few words of love from one man, rather than the applause of thousands of people." - Judy Garland
- "Love is a game that two can play and both win." - Eva Gabor
- "Love means that everything is right with the world. Love and only love. Love means that you are content within your own heart and in the presence of the person that you love, who fills your day and makes you stronger and wiser, and gives you the confidence to go out into the world. Love is just the most beautiful, joyous feeling." - Pierce Brosnan
- "A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished." - Zsa Zsa Gabor