Thai chicken and vermicelli salad
WHIP up a fragrant Thai dish in 15 minutes with this quick and easy chicken and vermicelli noodle salad.
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl.
- Cover with boiling water.
- Set aside for 3 mins to soak.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add the mince and stir-fry for 5 mins or until cooked through.
- Add the onion, lemongrass and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add half the sweet chilli sauce and stir-fry for 1 min or until well combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the noodles, carrot and half the coriander to the wok.
- Toss to combine.
- Divide lettuce leaves among serving plates.
- Spoon mince mixture among leaves.
- Drizzle with remaining chilli sauce and top with mint, peanuts and remaining coriander.
- 100g rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 500g Coles RSPCA approved chicken mince
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden ginger
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 12 butter lettuce leaves or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Five minutes
- 10 minutes