Sticky toffee apple bread and butter pudding
LUSCIOUS bread and butter pudding topped with sticky apple and rich caramel sauce - what's not to love?
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced.
- Lightly grease a 20 x 30cm baking dish.
- Lightly spread the slices of brioche with butter.
- Cut each slice into 4 triangles.
- Arrange half the bread in the prepared dish.
- Combine the custard and milk in a bowl and pour over and around the bread.
- Top with the remaining bread. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Arrange the apple over the top of the pudding.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden and the custard has set.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Dust the pudding with icing sugar and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Serve with cream on the side.
- 7-8 slices fruit brioche
- 60g butter, at room temperature
- 900g tub double thick vanilla custard
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 medium green apple, thinly sliced
- Icing sugar, to dust
- 160ml (2/3 cup) caramel sauce
- Thickened cream, to serve
- 45 minutes
- 25 minutes