Sign on for free to learn strategies for successful ageing
TAKE some time online to learn more about how you can age successfully through being happy, healthy, socially-connected and active.
The free Strategies for Successful Ageing online course will take two hours of your time each week for five weeks. Run by academics and physicians at the Trinity College Dublin, world-leading research as well as strategies and tips for healthy, active ageing will be at your fingertips.
No study experience is needed.
The topics covered are -
- Week 1 - explores perceptions and attitudes about ageing;
- Week 2 - focuses on improving happiness and wellbeing, by defining what quality of life means to you;
- Week 3 - places a spotlight on health and presents tips for increasing physical fitness, improving nutrition, and maintaining brain health through the years;
- Week 4 - celebrates opportunities for staying connected by investigating the expectations you have set for yourself and by sharing your personal strategies for staying involved;
- Week 5 - is all about creative ageing, in which we explore the talents and contributions of older adults and share your accomplishments with the world.
The course is aimed at participants being able to -
- Reflect on the concepts of 'old' and 'ageism'.
- Understand how perceptions of ageing can influence ageing.
- Apply strategies for positive mental health, physical health, social engagement, and creativity.
- Perform a life audit.
- Assess what 'quality of life' means.
- Explore how to plan for older age through goal
- Discuss case studies of successful ageing initiatives.
For more information on the course and to participate in it, go to www.futurelearn.com/courses/successful-ageing.