'Vibrant' retirement sector celebrated at national awards
THE retirement sector's commitment to create "vibrant and active communities" has been celebrated at the inaugural Property Council of Australia National Retirement Living Awards.
The awards combine two long-running industry awards with four brand new categories showcasing great achievements in design, marketing, innovation and refurbishment.
Retirement Living at the Property Council of Australia executive director Ben Myers said the showcase highlighted "quality work happening all areas of the sector".
"Retirement communities are proven to improve people's wellbeing and extend their independence, reducing their reliance on health and care services, while enabling people to stay active in communities that care," he said.
"The 2017 National Retirement Living Awards winners have demonstrated their excellence and commitment to creating vibrant and active communities, and enable people to truly enjoy their retirement years."
The winners of the 2017 National Retirement Living Awards are:
- Programmed National Village Manager of the Year: Terry Byway, Buderim Gardens Retirement Village (Lendlease)
- Ingenia Communities Future Retirement Living Leader of the Year: Ryan Lane, Regional Development Manager NSW & ACT, Lendlease
- CSR Hebel Award for Innovation: Bethanie Gwelup Aged Care and Assisted Living Campus, Bethanie Group
- nettletontribe Award for Design Excellence: St Luke's Green, Greengate
- Ignite Architects Award for Best Refurbishment: Somerton Park Retirement Village, Stockland
- Wise Agency Award for Marketing Excellence: The Village Taigum, Village Retirement Group
More information on all 2017 winners can be found at www.retirementlivingawards.com.au.