Resolve to focus on mental, physical wellness in 2017
WITH 2016 nearly behind us, let's welcome in 2017 with some fresh and inspiring new year's resolution ideas for your inner and outer wellness.
- Firstly, stop hating yourself if you enjoyed this festive season and over indulged. Everybody did, but now is the time to approach 2017 with health in mind. Don't be fooled by fad diets or clever marketing, simply make unprocessed foods the majority, enjoying treats, cheese, wine and desserts occasionally.
- Try a new wholefood every week for all of 2017, such as a new vegetable, fruit, nut, grain, meat or fish. This will introduce new minerals, vitamins and nutrients your body may be missing.
- Throw out all the junk food in your home and only buy a small amount for one treat once a week, this way it won't tempt you constantly. Grab some health snacks instead like raw nuts, fresh fruits, hummus and raw cacao.
- Do a mental diet, where you are not allowed to say or think anything negative about yourself or your body. Being more positive and treating yourself well with your thoughts, encourages strength and a desire to treat yourself well through eating too.
- Make relaxation a regular and healthy part of your weekly or daily regime. Regular meditation has been scientifically discovered to lower stress and anxiety, make up for hours of lost sleep, stop binge eating and cravings, and even change the way the brain tissue grows.
- Don't wait for a particular date to change something about yourself you notice needs a little work, that's a sure fire way to fail, but start paying attention right now, and change what you can right in this moment.
- Spend more time doing what makes your heart sing - life's too short not to. Travel more, learn a musical instrument, get into gardening, devote more quality time to the people who matter most to you, and be kind to others.
- Build your self-discipline and success reserve by setting yourself small, achievable goals, and going after them one at a time. This builds self-control, discipline, and an ability and desire to reach new heights.