A HEALTHIER alternative to hash browns, these zucchini and bacon fritters with garlic yoghurt are the ideal snack to sneak in a serve of greens.
- Squeeze excess moisture from zucchini. Drain on paper towel. Combine zucchini, potato, bacon, flour, egg and chives in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Spoon a quarter of a cup zucchini mixture into pan, pressing to flatten. Repeat to make three more fritters. Cook for five minutes or until golden underneath. Turn, pressing again to flatten. Cook for five minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining mixture.
- Meanwhile, make the Garlic yoghurt - Combine garlic and yoghurt in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fritters with extra chives. Serve with garlic yoghurt.
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium desiree potato, peeled, grated
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Chopped chives, to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt