Recipe: Wholesome beef and vegetable curry
SAVE precious time with this slow-cooker recipe that's wholesome and delicious.
- Heat half the oil in the bowl of a 7-litre slow-cooker (see note) over medium-high heat.
- Cook beef, in batches, for three to four minutes or until browned all over.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in slow-cooker bowl over medium heat.
- Cook onion, stirring, for three minutes or until softened.
- Add curry paste.
- Cook, stirring, for one minute or until fragrant.
- Add potato, cauliflower, tomato and stock.
- Return beef and juices to bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Return bowl to slow-cooker.
- Cover with lid and turn cooker on low.
- Cook for 8 hours or until beef is tender, stirring halfway during cooking.
- Stir in peas.
- Serve with rice, yoghurt and coriander.
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1.25kg gravy beef, trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 medium brown onions, halved, sliced
- 1/2 cup korma curry paste
- 750g lady christl potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/2 (550g) cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Massel beef stock
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- Steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Plain yoghurt, to serve
- Chopped coriander, to serve
- Capable cooks
- 10 minutes
- 8 hours