THIS winter warmer recipe makes four serves of an Asian food delight.
- 100g (1/3 cup) Malaysian Laksa Paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- Tofu Puffs* cut in half
- 12 green prawns, peeled, tails intact
- 1cup shredded chicken
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 2 Spring onions finely Sliced
- 80g bean sprouts, trimmed
- Coriander leaves or Fresh Thai basil, leaves picked, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Fish balls* (optional)
- Fried Shallots*
* available at your local Asian supermarket.
Heat a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
Add laksa paste and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
Stir in coconut milk and water. Simmer for 3 minutes or until heated through and well combined.
Add prawns, chicken and fish balls, cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through tofu puffs until heated through.
Meanwhile, cook noodles following packet directions. Drain.
Place a nest of noodles in each serving bowl. Ladle Laksa mixture around noodles.
Top with sprouts, fried Shallots and basil. Serve with lime wedges.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.