THIS winter warmer recipe makes four serves of an Asian food delight.
- 100g (1/3 cup) Malaysian Laksa Paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- Tofu Puffs* cut in half
- 12 green prawns, peeled, tails intact
- 1cup shredded chicken
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 2 Spring onions finely Sliced
- 80g bean sprouts, trimmed
- Coriander leaves or Fresh Thai basil, leaves picked, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Fish balls* (optional)
- Fried Shallots*
* available at your local Asian supermarket.
Heat a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
Add laksa paste and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
Stir in coconut milk and water. Simmer for 3 minutes or until heated through and well combined.
Add prawns, chicken and fish balls, cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through tofu puffs until heated through.
Meanwhile, cook noodles following packet directions. Drain.
Place a nest of noodles in each serving bowl. Ladle Laksa mixture around noodles.
Top with sprouts, fried Shallots and basil. Serve with lime wedges.