RECIPE: Beetroot salad is ideal for any time
REWARD your taste buds with this delicious Beetroot, Garlic and Chilli Bean Salad.
- 3-4 beetroots (peeled if not organic), chopped into cubes
- Two large handfuls of green beans with the top and tail removed
- A mix of sunflower and pumpkin seeds, at least a cup
- Lots of rocket - enough to cover your salad plate
- Seaweed salt to taste
- Coconut Oil for cooking
- Organic coconut aminos (fermented coconut syrup from local health food stores) or Tamari
- Turmeric powder
- Inca Inchi Oil, Avocado or Olive Oil
- Chilli flakes
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of one whole large lemon (if small use 2-3)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Smother chopped beetroot with coconut oil and lay on baking tray lined with baking paper.
Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, dulse and turmeric.
Place tray in oven and cook until semi-soft.
As this is cooking, follow the rest of the method.
Mix or blend together garlic, chilli, dulse, lemon, seaweed salt and pepper.
In a medium heated pan, add some coconut oil and then throw in the beans.
Poor the chilli/lemon mix over the beans and coat them.
Sautee until all is mixed through and the beans are a little softer.
In your medium-high heated pan, add coconut oil and pumpkin seeds.
Add coconut aminos and smother the pumpkin seeds.
Let simmer until the coconut aminos has reduced and become slightly sticky and has started to thicken.
Quickly remove from pan so the seeds do not stick.
Bring it all together:
Lay down your bed of rocket, top with beetroot, then beans and then the seeds.
Drizzle with your chosen oil and serve straight away while everything is still warm, or have it later chilled - either way it is delicious.
This is optional but you can sprinkle your salad with Parmesan cheese, it tops it off nicely!