Women: own your financial future with this free training
THE Australian Shareholders' Association (ASA) will run for women aged 55 and over free financial literacy courses which are focused on building their confidence to participate in financial decision-making.
The newly developed Own Your Financial Future course will be run in half-day, face-to-face sessions Australia-wide starting this month.
The goal of the course is to equip older women with an understanding of basic investment and financial concepts, and give them the confidence to have conversations with their partners, children and financial advisers about how the investments and finances are structured.
The workshops are geared towards women who have never been involved in managing their finances or investments.
Attendees will learn to:
- Cut through finance and investing jargon.
- Understand a financial plan.
- Clarify options for managing your super.
- Help you discuss your financial goals.
- Learn how to source and engage with a professional adviser.
- Develop the confidence to talk to the financial professionals and family and not be bamboozled.
ASA have schedule 36 workshops scheduled around Australia.
If you have never attended an education event about managing finances or investments, or don't know where the funding for your retirement comes from, you will benefit from these workshops.
To register, phone the ASA office on 1300 368 448 or use the venue links below:
- 19th, Melbourne, 9am - 12.30pm, ibis Melbourne
- 20th, Melbourne, 9am - 12.30pm, ibis Melbourne
- 25th, Brisbane, 9am - 12.30pm, Asset Aviation International
- 26th, Brisbane, 9am - 12.30pm, Asset Aviation International
- 27th, Toowoomba, 9am - 12.30pm, City Golf Club
- 28th, Sunshine Coast, 9am - 12.30pm, Buderim Tavern
- 8th, Canberra, 1.30pm - 5pm, Adina Serviced Apartments Kingston
- 9th, Batemans Bay, 9am - 12.30pm, Batemans Bay Bay Link Community Rooms
- 10th, Canberra, 9am - 12.30pm , Adina Serviced Apartments Kingston
- 11th, Wagga Wagga, 9am - 12.30pm , Wagga RSL
- 15th, Hobart, 9am - 12.30pm , Hadley's Hotel
- 15th, Hobart, 1.30pm - 5pm, Hadley's Hotel
- 16th, Launceston, 9am - 12.30pm, Best Western
- 4th, Perth, 1.30pm - 5pm, ibis Perth
- 5th, Perth, 9am - 12.30pm, ibis Perth
- 6th, Perth, 9am - 12.30pm , ibis Perth
- 2nd, Sydney, 1.30pm - 5pm, venue TBA
- 3rd, Wollongong, 1.30pm - 5pm, venue TBA
- 4th, Sydney, 9am - 12.30pm, venue TBA
- 4th, Sydney, 1.30pm - 5pm, venue TBA
- 5th, Sydney, 9am - 12.30pm, venue TBA
- 6th, Newcastle, 9am - 12.30pm, venue TBA
Own Your Financial Future is funded by a ECSTRA (Financial Literacy Australia) grant.