See our list of highlights for M'boro Open House
AS part of Maryborough Open House celebrations, join in a packed program of guided tours, events and entertainment across the weekend.
Some of the highlights will be:
Friday September 25
Last Friday Club
- 5pm to 9pm - Brolga Theatre, Lennox St
- Enjoy a live musical performance by Sam Maddison and I know Leopard. Casual dining and bar service.
- Free backstage Theatre Tours - phone: 4122 6060
Portside by Night Tour
- 5.30pm to 7.30pm - Departs Customs House, Wharf St
- Take an entertaining guided lamplight tour of the historic Portside Precinct.
- Hear yarns and quirky tales of smugglers, sailors, brothels and opium dens.
- Adults $10, Children $5
- Bookings 4190 5722
Saturday September 26
The History of Gardens in Maryborough
- 9am - Gatakers Artspace
- Hear from keynote speaker - historian and architect, Don Watson
Heritage Walking Tours
- 9am - Departs City Hall
- Take a free tour around the city with a heritage costumed guide.
Bell Tower Experience
- 9am to 4pm
- Experience the thrill of ringing the oldest church bells in Queensland at St Paul's Bell Tower
Open Houses and Buildings
- 10am to 4pm
- Take an exclusive look inside Maryborough's heritage homes, churches and public buildings.
Heritage Awards Renovation and Restoration Display
- 10am to 4pm - Brolga Theatre, Lennox St
- Browse displays and demonstrations designed to inspire the home renovator.
- Ross Bradbury - Furniture restoration displays, Graham Wright Builders - Restoration experts, Tat Decor - Home styling displays
- "How to" sessions with Bunnings Hervey Bay, Peter Black - Carpentry tools exhibit, Backstage Tours
- Free admission, casual dining and refreshments available
Open House Bus Loop
- 10am - Departs City Hall
- Take advantage of a hop-on, hop-off service around the open homes and buildings.
- Adults $7, Children $3
- Pay on board
Brolga Theatre Back Stage Tours
- 10am-3pm (every half hour) - Brolga Theatre, Lennox St
- Take to the stage with a tour of the Brolga Theatre - 45-minute guided tours of the facility will be conducted by Friends of the Brolga volunteers.
City Hall Tours
- 10.30am, 11.30am, 1.30pm and 2.30pm - Maryborough City Hall, Kent St
- Take a free guided tour of the grand lady of Maryborough architecture. Tours depart main entrance, duration about 30 minutes.
Music in the Tank
- 11am, 12pm, 1pm - Ann St Water Tower
- Experience free performances by the Maryborough Choral Society and Riverside Christian College in the unique setting of the historic water tower.
Ghost Tours and Tales of Maryborough
- 6pm - Departs Maryborough Post Office, Bazaar St
- Learn the bizarre, gruesome secrets of this old port city on this delightfully eerie guided dinner tour to some of its most haunted historic sites and graveyards, from 6pm. $75 per person includes a nip of "courage", dinner and dessert. Bookings essential - phone 1800 214 789.
Gatakers by Night
- 5pm to 9pm - Gatakers Artspace, Kent St
- Portside will come alive with art and live music, casual food stalls and bar.
Sunday September 27
Sunday in the Park
- From 9am - Queens Park
- Enjoy a wonderful morning of steam train rides and brass bands held in Maryborough's Queens Park. Take a free guided stroll around the beautiful, tranquil, heritage-listed park with Mary Heritage at 10am. Hear Maryborough's famous time cannon fired at 11am.
- 10am to 4pm
- Explore the stunning private gardens and public open spaces in Maryborough and surrounds
Open Gardens Bus Tour
- 10am to 12.30pm - Departs City Hall
- An opportunity to visit some of the open gardens via an air-conditioned bus tour. Morning tea available for purchase.
- Per person $20. Bookings: Maryborough Visitor Information Centre - Phone: 1800 214 789
Queens Park Walk
- 10am - Departs the Cenotaph
- Take a free guided stroll around the beautiful, heritage listed park with Tom Ryan at 10am.