Nominate someone you know for excellence in age services
THIS is your chance to nominate an aged care worker or organisation that you believe deserves state and national recognition for their contribution to the wellbeing of older Australians.
Leading Age Services Australia will hand out next year its inaugural Excellence in Age Services awards to help promote and recognise excellence across the diverse and dynamic fields of endeavour in the age services industry.
LASA Chief executive officer Sean Rooney said; "The awards celebrate the passion and achievements of organisations, teams and individuals in the service of older Australians."
The awards will be judged at a state level across a number of categories, with the winners from each state progressing as finalists to the national awards.
The national awards will be announced at the LASA national congress in October next year.
Mr Rooney said the sector has countless professionals, staff, volunteers and organisations who typically don't look for praise or recognition.
"However, it is the dedication and professionalism of these individuals and organisations that make up the backbone of our industry," Mr Rooney said.
The awards aim to celebrate and showcase the significant contributions being made to improving the quality of life of older Australians as well as promote community involvement in age services.
- Organisation - Recognising an age services provider who has made an outstanding contribution to care and services development or provision of high level support to the aged by demonstrating leadership, innovation and excellence.
- Team - Recognising a team, working within the age services sector, that has created an environment that encourages workplace diversity, positive workplace culture and increased staff well-being through development of a service or process or has used innovation and initiative to improve the lives of older people and improve the age services experience.
- Individual - This award recognises an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the age services sector, has used innovation and initiative to improve the lives of older people, and has delivered high quality care to the aged.
- Victoria and South Australia nominations must be received by 5pm, January 12, 2018.
- Queensland nominations must be received by 5pm, February 16, 2018.
- All New South Wales, ACT and Western Australia nominations must be received by 5pm, May 11, 2018.
To lodge your nomination or for more award information, go to www.asa.asn.au/events/excellence-age-services-awards.