LIVE + SAVE: 6 tips for cutting costs around the home
LIVE and Let's Save is all about cutting some costs and saving money where you can and here's six great tips for saving around the home.
1. Pour old cooking oil and fat into a used milk carton or jar and put it out in the rubbish. It clogs the drains if put down the sink. Newspaper can also be used to wipe out oily pots.
2. Old wet-wipe containers make great string dispensers - try it out!
3. Collect branches from the garden to make a Christmas tree. Have a fun time arranging them in a vase or pot and then hang on the decorations!
4. Get creative making Christmas and birthday cards from old cards, postcards, photos, stamps, pretty paper and more. Your family and friends will love the handmade greetings!
6. Keep old jeans to use as patches for other jeans.
7. Save old lip balm pots and small toiletry containers. Refill these from your large bottles to make travelling packs.