Let loose your creative spirit on Queen Mary 2
BIG ship cruising takes many forms these day with companies such as Cunard offering guests the opportunity to indulge fascinating pass-times and meet personal heroes.
The Cunard Cartoonists at Sea series is just one of the company's fascinating voyages.
In 2018 four top-tier cartoonists will host exclusive drawing and workshop sessions during the Queen Mary 2 seven-night transatlantic crossings which departs New York bound for Southampton.
The cartoonists are Matt Diffee, Emily Flake, David Sipress and Ben Schwartz.
The 2018 voyage dates are -
- June 10 to 17. Onboard speaker is Cartoonist Matt Diffee who has been a regular contributing cartoonist to The New Yorker since 1999. His work has also appeared in Time, The Huffington Post, The Believer and Texas Monthly magazines.
- July 20 to 27. Onboard speaker is Cartoonist Emily Flake who has been a regular contributing cartoonist to The New Yorker since 2008.
- August 26 to September 2. Onboard speaker is Cartoonist David Sipress who has been a regular contributing cartoonist to The New Yorker since 1998. He was also the newyorker.com's first Daily Cartoonist during the 2012 presidential election. His work has also appeared in the Boston Phoenix, Time, Parade, Playboy, Funny Times, The Washington Post, Harper's, Gastronomica, and Shambhala Sun.
- October 7 to 14. Onboard speaker is Cartoonist Ben Schwartz who has been a regular contributing cartoonist to The New Yorker since 2012. SOLD OUT.
- November 11 to 18. Matt Diffee is onboard for a second crossing.
For more information on the cruises, go to www.cunardline.com.au/cruise-types/event-cruises/cartoonists-at-sea