Learn how to save on your group's electricity bills
THE laws around electricity pricing have changed.
Energy retailers in south-east Queensland can now decide how much to charge customers for their electricity.
This could bring changes to the way electricity is charged on existing contracts, however, this competitive pricing also brings new opportunities to reduce energy bills.
To help understand these changes, COTA Queensland Peer Educators are providing free, interactive information sessions to seniors' groups and organisations.
During these one-hour sessions participants will be provided with information to:
- Better understand their bills;
- Know where to go to compare offers;
- Find out how to compare deals; and
- Know where to look for potential savings and how to avoid pitfalls.
Participants will ultimately be equipped with the knowledge and skills to become active consumers who can shop around for the best electricity deal for them.
They will also receive specifically developed resources to assist them when comparing offers.
These information sessions are directly relevant for seniors who receive an electricity bill from an energy retailer, but not those who receive one from a body corporate, property owner or similar arrangement.
Sessions will be offered in south-east Queensland until May.
Sessions are limited, so book early to secure a place for your group.
- Download the cotaqld.org.au/wp- content/uploads/2016/ 12/COTA-Qld-Peer- Education-Booking-Form- 2016-17-003.pdf
- Email it to email@example.com or post to COTA Queensland, PO Box 15525, City East, Qld 4002 or fax to 3316 2900.
- A COTA Queensland team member will be in touch to confirm your booking.
- Session posters are cotaqld.org.au/wp- content/uploads/2016/ 11/Switched-on-Seniors- Poster.pdf.