Independent information regarding retirement planning

HERE are some websites where you can get free and independent information about planning for retirement and retirement income.

Council of the Ageing (COTA)

Independent consumer organisation run by and for senior Australians. Protects and promotes the well-being of all seniors. See

Department of Human Services (DHS)

Provides information on the Aged Pension. Visit the Older Australians section of the DHS website

Department of Human Services' Financial Information Service (FIS)

An independent, face-to-face service to help you make the right decisions about your financial affairs.

You can use this service regardless of your age and whether or not you receive any Centrelink payments. For appointments call 13 23 00. See

Department of Veterans' Affairs

Provides information and support for veterans and their dependants, including pensions and compensation, healthcare and counselling services. See

Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA)

Professional body representing Australia's financial planners. Has information on choosing a financial planner. See

National Seniors Australia

Not-for-profit organisation providing assistance to people aged 50 years and over. See


A Government website to help you navigate the aged care system. See

We all need a Jack Reacher

We all need a Jack Reacher

Get ready for another nailbiting, adrenaline-fuelled Reacher novel.

'Heartbroken' elderly driver dies after killing child

'Heartbroken' elderly driver dies after killing child

"I've killed a child and I don't want to live anymore.''

Local Partners