Don't wait! A whole new world awaits with exclusive offer
SOUTH African Airways are offering Young @ Heart wholesale business class tickets to Africa, but there are conditions, and a time limit.
The offer is for travellers who are aged 65 and over at the time of the outbound travel. Your eligibility will be verified at check-in.
- The sale is on from now until November 30, 2017, and is only valid for flights in and out of Australia to Africa on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and for departure from now until September 30, 2018.
- Bookings must be made through a travel agent.
- Airfares can only be used in conjunction with air and land packages in commercially operated hotels, motels, cruises or inclusive tours. Passengers travelling without proof of ground arrangements will be denied boarding.
- SAA flies daily from Perth to Johannesburg. It code shares with Virgin Australia.
- One stopover is permitted in Johannesburg, both inbound and outbound, and one stopover only is permitted in Perth.
Some example fares, which include all taxes and surcharges are Brisbane to Johannesburg return for $A3882 and Sydney to Johannesburg return for $A3805. There are other destinations in Africa available.
There are other travel conditions which your preferred travel agent can tell you about.
South African Airways national sales manager Michael Hall said the airline offers this over-65s deal as it has found that the people who have the most time to enjoy a journey through Africa are the young, backpackers and the young-at-heart seniors.
"We've made the fare available so that you would look at the economy fare, but then see this business class fare isn't too bad," Mr Hall said.
"The demographic of those who tend to sit up the front of our aircraft tend to be seniors so we decided to make it more attractive.
"These fares are unique as we aren't putting them online; we are only putting them for sale through travel agents.," Mr Hall added.