Eat your way out of the winter blues at Good Food Month
FORGET winter and keep warm during July when Good Food Month returns to Brisbane with three delectable foodie feature events and everyone's favourite Asian hawker markets under the stars; the Night Noodle Markets.
"With hotly-tipped talent, beloved institutions, emerging hotspots and enviable local produce, Brisbane's dining scene is growing rapidly, and the city is emerging proudly as a leading food destination in Australia." Vanessa Cowell, Director of Food Events said.
"The 2018 Brisbane Good Food Month will celebrate the culinary inspiration that fuels the New World City, shining a light on the talent that paved the way and those that are shaping its future".
Good Food Month Feature Events Program
- Pasta Party, Bucci - Thursday July 12, 7pm. Join two of the country's biggest names in Italian cooking, Head Chefs Shaun Malone (Bucci, Brisbane) and Monty Koludrovic (Icebergs Dining Room & Bar, Sydney) are coming together for one night only - Pasta Party.
- Koludrovic and Malone will be bringing their best as they serve up an indulgent four course dinner including their freshest pasta. Each decadent course will be introduced by the Chef and served with a matching glass of Brand's Laira wine from celebrated South Australian wine region, Coonawarra.
- Young Chefs Lunch, ARIA Restaurant - Sunday July 15, 12:30pm. Mentored by ARIA Head Chef Ben Russell, Brisbane's next generation of culinary superstars want to make you a lunch you'll never forget.
- The Young Chefs Lunch showcases the skills of the young guns of the country's top kitchens. Enjoy a four-course lunch in the opulent surrounds of ARIA, with a menu designed by four of the brightest talents in the Brisbane dining scene today. Russell will be lending his prowess and overseeing the work of the protégés, who include Hyosun (Sean) Hwang (ARIA), Brad Cooper (Sous Chef, Gauge), Savannah Sexton (Pastry Chef de Partie, Stokehouse Q) and Georgina Phillips (Sous Chef, e'cco Bistro).
- Ocean Prime, Walter's Steakhouse - Saturday July 7, 12:30pm Mahogany. Brass. Bright red leather banquet seating straight off the set of Mad Men. Walter's is an all New York lavish Steakhouse smack bang in the middle of Brisbane. Only one thing can be added to Walter's to make it off-the-chart incredible: some big, plump, juicy Moreton Bay Bugs.
- It's surf 'n turf like never before. Walter's chefs Adam Herbert and Nigel Stanley decided to give this old-world classic dish a modern twist for Brisbane's Good Food Month. Famed for slinging the best in house dry aged prime beef in town, by adding Bugs, Herbert and Stanley gave their menu that extra dose of decadence. So, lay out your finest threads and prepare yourselves for an indulgent Saturday long lunch. We invite you to join Walter's where the steaks cut like butter and are cooked to perfection. Where you can still taste the ocean in every mouthful of your moreish Moreton Bay Bug. Also included is a welcome cocktail on arrival, and matched wines from the Brand's Laira Coonawarra range.
More information and tickets for the Good Food Month feature events at website: goodfoodmonth.com