I’m A Celeb contestants revealed
THE first two contestants heading in to the African jungle on I'm A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! have been revealed.
Bernard Tomic, the bad boy of Aussie tennis, is the headline as the fourth season of the reality TV show gets underway this evening.
"It is not for the money. I am doing this because it is something I always wanted to do in my life," Tomic told News Corp, sitting down exclusively before heading into the jungle.
"This is reality, nothing can hide, this is 24 hour cameras and you are on your own and then the public can see who you really are. They (people) know me as this tennis player that is crazy and has done this or that or has problems. Hopefully I get the chance to change their image about me on this show and that is one of the reasons I'm doing it."
The 25-year-old could spend up to six weeks in the jungle competing on the show with a bunch of well-known Australians, including retired three-time premiership winning AFL player Josh Gibson.
The full cast will be revealed when the series debuts on Channel 10 tonight.
Here are the rest of the clues Ten's teased in the past few weeks about who's joining the show - and our guesses as to who they could be:
• Clue: An iconic Australian comedian. This much-loved comedian married into one of Australia's most famous families.
Guess: Our money is on Glenn Robbins. He's certainly an iconic Aussie comedian and his character from Kath & Kim, Kel Knight, married into one of Australia's most famous families.
• Clue: Two celebrities in the middle of Australia's biggest feud. This Australian duo are used to clashing in real life.
Guess: Hmm, this is a tough one. Our money is on boxers Anthony Mundine and Danny Green. But it could it also be The Veronicas who had a very public falling out on Twitter in mid-November. Or could it be Rove McManus and Kyle Sandilands who have been trading barbs for years?
• Clue: An Australian rocker. This Australian legend has had album and single sales in excess of one million.
Guess: Our top contenders are Shannon Noll, Diesel [real name Mark Lizotte], Jimmy Barnes or even Ben Gillies from Silverchair who is no stranger to reality TV as his wife, Jackie Gillies, stars on The Real Housewives Of Melbourne.
• Clue: A world champion. This sporting superstar has a strong social conscience.
Guess: Another tough one, but we'd be thrilled if it was Nova Peris, Ian Thorpe or even David Pocock [although he's not technically a world champion].
• Clue: An iconic Australian actor. This famous Australian actor is ready for a tree change.
Guess: We're taking that "tree change" clue and running with it, so we think it could be an actor who appeared on SeaChange.
It could be Kevin Harrington (who also appears on Channel 10s The Wrong Girl), Tom Long, Kerry Armstrong or even John Howard.
• Clue: A pop sensation known only by their first name.
Guess: Ricki-Lee is the firm favourite, but it could also be fellow Australian Idol star, Paulini Curuenavuli.
• Clue: A television star. This loveable princess knows how to keep it real.
Guess: Not. A. Clue.
• Clue: An Australian stand-up queen. This queen of comedy has a lot to talk about and is sure to liven up the camp.
Guess: Our money is on Fiona O'Loughlin or Denise Scott.
• Clue: A best-selling author. This person has exposed many tabloid secrets over the years.
Guess: Could it be Senator Derryn Hinch who published a book last year called Hinch Vs Canberra? Or maybe it's Mr Paparazzi himself, Darren Lyons.
I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here premieres at 7:30pm tonight on Ten.