Find out about your Irish family connections
The Sunshine Coast Genealogy Resource Centre has organised a visit from the Ulster Historical Foundation for an all-day research workshop on Saturday May 27 at its premises at Petrie Creek Road, Nambour, opposite the swimming pool.
Irish guest presenters from the Ulster Historical Foundation include Fintan Mullan, Executive Director, and Gilliam Hunt, Research Officer who will visit Nambour after a tour lecturing in America and attending a Genealogy Conference in New Zealand.
Fintan is a pioneer in the creation of on-line resources for Irish genealogy research.
He has lectured extensively on Irish genealogy in many countries including Australia.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Understanding Irish townlands.
- The different religious denominations in Ireland and how their histories affect the available records.
- Using the Registry of Deeds.
- Early 19th Century land records.
- Irish education and school records.
- The Irish Poor Law and local government records.
- Using Irish wills and testamentary records.
Early bookings, $40 per person, are advisable on 5441 4266 or by emailing email@example.com.
The research workshops will run from 8.30am to 3pm.
Morning and afternoon tea will be provided and lunch will be available for purchase.
Gluten and vegetarian options available.