Enlightening European cruising with enlivening company
GET up close and enjoy small group conversations with one Australia's most recognised social commentators, the fascinating, sometimes controversial and always informative Bernard Salt AM.
Bernard is leading a cruise-based, 18-night tour, which starts on June 20, to Iceland, Norway and the Faroe Islands.
He will combine formal and informal chats about the tour destinations with his engaging and very current social observations about Australian culture.
The author and media commentator is a weekly contributor to The Australian and The Weekend Australian, as well as transversing Australia sharing his thoughts on a wide range of social issues in corporate and community forums.
The tour highlights include cruising aboard the Queen Victoria, sightseeing tours in London, Hamburg, Alesund, Akureyri, Isafjordur, Reykjavik, Iceland, and the Faroe Islands; as well as -
- Welcome drinks and an informal Q&A session with Bernard.
- A visit Alesund, probably the most beautiful city in Norway.
- Icelandic history and culture and Q&A session with Bernard.
- A whale watching boat trip - Akureyri, Iceland.
- Explore Lake Mývatn.
- Ósvör 19th-century fisherman's hut - Isafjordur, Iceland.
- The awesome beauty of the fjords on the north-western coast of Iceland.
- The world-famous high-temperature Geysir geothermal area - Reykjavik, Iceland.
- The site of Iceland´s ancient parliament.
- Spectacular Gullfoss waterfall - Iceland.
- Bernard will talk about the Faroe Islands and their history, followed by a free-ranging Q&A-style chat about topics of choice.
- A boat cruise exploration of the wonderful Vestmanna cliffs - Torshavn, Faroe Islands.
The Travelrite organised tour caters for solo travellers. They will these travellers in twin-share cabins, when available, to help save on the single supplement.
For more tour information and all cost details, go to www.travelrite.com.au/escorted-cruises/bernard-salt-iceland-june-2018.html.