Enjoy the New Year with Pork San Choy Bau
CELEBRATE Chinese New Year and the Year of the Pig with a familiar and very tasty dish, Pork San Choy Bau from Australian Pork.
- 500g pork mince
- 3 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 227g can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 8-10 chilled trimmed Iceberg lettuce leaves
- Shredded green onions and coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat wok.
- Add pork and cook, breaking up mince, for 3-4 minutes until pork changes colour.
- Add green onions, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until pork is almost cooked through.
- Toss through water chestnuts. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Spoon pork mixture into the chilled Iceberg lettuce leaves.
- Top each with shredded green onions and coriander leaves and serve.
Preparation time - 12 minutes
Cooking time - 8 minutes
Serves - 4
For more great pork recipes, go to www.pork.com.au.