Enjoy living an active and healthy lifestyle
MAKING activity a regular part of your day and making healthy food choices has many benefits for you and our community. And the Gold Coast has so much to offer.
City of Gold Coast's award-winning Active & Healthy program has been getting thousands of residents up, out and active every week for many years.
The Active & Healthy program is now online, with booklets available from all City customer service centres and libraries. The program is jam-packed with new activities and programs designed to get you active in the beautiful Gold Coast.
The program runs from July 2015 to June 5, 2016.
If you would like to receive a copy of the new Active & Healthy Lifestyle Guide, please email your name and postal address to active email@example.com .gov.au.
Instead of telling yourself you can't, tell yourself you can. The Active & Healthy program encourages all Gold Coasters to make being active part of their everyday lives. Regular physical activity can help keep us physically and mentally fit as well as healthy and happy.
Activities on offer for seniors include:
- Tai chi - great for creating strength and health in a relaxing and slow-moving session - free.
- Heart Foundation Walking Program - meet new people and enjoy a gentle walk with a group of friendly people - free.
- I Love Me - join in these fun and motivating exercise classes that incorporate dance, music and movement.
- Nifty Over Fifty - improve your flexibility and strength in this group outdoor exercise session.
- Health Ventures technique and maintenance classes - improve your strength, balance, flexibility and heart health in these medically supervised classes - suitable for those who are unfit, lacking in confidence or who have existing chronic conditions.
- Aqua classes including deep water running, aqua fit and MAD - Mature And Determined aqua classes.