Easy recipe will transport you to Thailand
TRY this fresh and easy minced pork salad for lunch or summer dinner.
- Fry mince in peanut oil for 5-10 mins, or until browned.
- Meanwhile, combine ginger, garlic, lemongrass and chilli in a food processor (or finely chop, if you prefer) and add to mince.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add red onion and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and vinegar and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in mint and coriander.
- Arrange washed lettuce on plates and spoon in pork mixture, or serve in small bowl with lettuce on the side.
- Serve with peanuts and lime wedges.
- 500g Coles Brand pork mince
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 cm piece ginger
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk lemongrass, ends and outer layer removed
- 1 green chilli
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 4-6 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 10 baby cos lettuce leaves
- Coles smart buy crushed peanuts, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 10 minutes.
- 12 minutes.