Easy cheesemaking sessions for Sunshine Coast food lovers
LEARN a new skill and join master cheesemaker Dawn Couchman at the free Easy Cheesemaking sessions at Sunshine Coast Council's library branches in July and August.
Dawn owns and operates Easy Cheesy and enjoys passing on her knowledge about the cheesemaking process. At the Easy Cheesemaking sessions she will demonstrate how people can make their own lime ricotta using everyday kitchen equipment.
"I will also give a short presentation on a brief history of cheese and explain some of the mysteries of making cheese and other dairy products," Dawn said.
"I aim to make my demonstrations fun while teaching people how to make their own cheese which promotes sustainable living and a healthy lifestyle.
"I also use locally sourced ingredients to support our region's farmers and producers."
Book today to attend one of the following free sessions:
• Beerwah Library, Wednesday, July 20 at 1pm
• Caloundra Library, Thursday, July 21 at 10am
• Kawana Library, Monday, August 1 at 10am
• Maleny Library, Thursday, August 4 at 1pm
• Maroochydore Library, Friday, August 5 at 10.30am
• Nambour Library, Tuesday, July 26 at 10am
Bookings are essential by visiting council's library website www.library.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au