Festival of lights: Don't miss out on Sydney's VIVID
IT'S the world's largest light, music and ideas festival which entertains all generations with its extraordinary light shows across a variety of Sydney locations.
Over 23 days, from May 25 to June 16, you can enjoy -
- The Sydney Opera House will play host to a number of events including the Lighting of the Sails, which transforms the Opera House into a moving, multicoloured canvas on each night of the festival.
- At Darling Harbour, Fantastic Oceans will combine light projections, lasers and water fountains to transport spectators to a world of shimmering corals and bioluminescent jellyfish, and Tumbalong Lights will be on hand for entertaining, family fun.
- On Sydney Harbour, cruise ships and vessels will also light up to become part of the colourful landscape at Harbour Lights.
- Taronga Zoo has revamped its ever-popular Lights for the Wild showcase, with a new flotilla of animal light sculptures sharing an important message about conservation.
- In the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney meander along the interactive pathway of Aqueous, explore the pulsating Nautilus Forest, and submerge yourself in the rolling waves of He'e Nalu.
- On the The Concourse at Chatswood, a 360-degree light projection will feature stars, planets, and the wider universe in FUTURESCAPE. Chatswood will also welcome the Light Market, a pop-up street market comprised of recycled materials, lasers, and scaffolding.
- Drop down to The Rocks where there will be dozens of light installations and events. Swim, jump and move through thousands of virtual toy balls at BALLpit, and stand beneath a canopy of 1000 Cranes which light up as visitors gather beneath them.
- Barangaroo will transform into an illuminated promenade inspired by water, earth and fire. If you are there before 9pm, you might also discover a huge, luminescent puppet ambling along the waterfront.
- In the city, Macquarie Place Park will light up with a number of beautiful displays, including the delicate, fluttering Chrysalis.
For all program information including times, event locations and costs, go to www.vividsydney.com.