Crispy chicken skin nachos with jalapeño and avocado salsa
CRISPY chicken skin takes this fiery nacho bowl to a whole new level of deliciousness.
- Preheat oven to 150C/130C fan forced.
- Run your fingers under the skin of the top of the chicken to loosen it.
- Remove the chicken skin from the chicken and cut into large triangles. (Save the chicken for another use, see notes.)
- Place the chicken skin on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Season well with salt.
- Top with another piece of baking paper and another baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Remove top tray.
- Sprinkle parmesan over chicken skin.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, to make the salsa, preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan over medium-high heat.
- Spray corn with olive oil and barbecue for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to a plate for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Cut the corn from cobs.
- Place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Season with salt.
- Place 25g of the corn chips in a food processor and process until finely crushed.
- Arrange the remaining corn chips on a serving platter.
- Top with the crispy chicken skin and salsa.
- Sprinkle with the ground corn chips.
- Add a dollop of crème fraîche and serve with lemon wedges.
- 1.8kg whole chicken
- 15g (1/3 cup) parmesan, finely grated
- 175g pkt Tasty Cheese CC's
- Crème fraîche, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Jalapeno, corn and avocado salsa
- 2 corncobs, husks and silk removed
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 35g (1/4 cup) pickled jalapeño chillies, sliced
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 30 minutes
- 35 minutes