Chocolates and candles handmade with love
PERSONALISE your romantic gesture with homemade candles or chocolates.
MAKING your own candles is very easy and can be tailored-made to individual preferences.
What you will need is:
- A jar or mould
- Fragrance/ essential oil
- Coloured dye
1. Melt the wax, add the essential oil and then the dye and mix.
2. Glue wick to the base of the jar or mould and use a wick bar to centre.
3. Pour melted wax into jar, allocating enough wick to be trimmed.
4. When the wax has cooled, trim the wick to size.
MAKING your own chocolates is a delicious and simple treat.
- 2 cups (220g) cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (170g) butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar, 2/3 cup (150ml) milk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (235ml) water
1. Bring a pot of water to just below a boil.
2. Cream the cocoa powder and butter in a bowl, then add it to the pot.
3. Sift the powdered sugar into the pot, then add the milk.
4. Stir the mixture until smooth, then pour it into a mould of choice.
5. Let the chocolate harden, then pop it out.