Australia’s biggest cruise sale ever just dropped
If there's one thing Aussies love more than a cruise, it's a cruise sale.
And this is as big as they come.
Billed as the biggest sale in Australian cruising history, Carnival Australia's seven brands are joining forces for a "Colossal" End of Financial Year sale offering thousands of dollars in savings.
From today until Monday, July 9, prices are being slashed on almost 1800 cruises from P&O Cruises Australia, Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard, P&O World Cruising, Holland America Line and Seabourn, for sail dates between October 2018 and April 2020.
Perks include on-board credit of up to $1400 and can be locked in for discounted deposits starting from $1.
Carnival Australia president Sture Myrmell says it is the cruise operator's biggest End of Financial Year offering ever.
"Cold weather and cold cash tax returns make July the perfect time to plan your next holiday, so we're giving Australians a world of fantastic cruise deals to choose from on 48 different ships sailing across the globe," he says.
The Carnival sale is just one of many options for travellers at the moment, with a host of travel brands all seeking to lure Aussies to spend their tax return dollars with them.
Discounts on flights, hotels and package deals are among the end-of-year travel specials up for grabs, according to finder.com.au money expert Bessie Hassan.
Brands including Flight Centre, Virgin Australia, Air New Zealand, Emirates STA Travel and Contiki are among those currently spruiking deals.
"This is a great time to get in early and book your summer holiday," she says. "December is a peak travel period, so plan ahead and a grab a deal."
"There are bargain return flights to Europe around the $1000 mark which is a great deal."
Offers as part of the Carnival Australia Colossal Sale include:
• A 14-night P&O Cruises' Indonesian Explorer cruise to Singapore on Pacific Dawn departing Brisbane on July 30, 2019 from $1499 per person twin share with a $150 on-board credit per room. $1 deposits per person apply. See pocruises.com.au
• A nine-day Carnival Cruise Line Simply French roundtrip cruise to New Caledonia departing Sydney October 26, 2018 on Carnival Spirit from $1099 per person for an interior twin share cabin with on-board credits of up to $350 per room and half-price deposits. See carnival.com.au
• A 14-night Princess Cruises roundtrip voyage to Fiji on Golden Princess departing Melbourne January 29, 2019 from $2449 per person twin share for an interior room with an on-board spending credit of $150 per room and half-price deposits. See princess.com
• A 16-night Cunard cruise from Cape Town to Fremantle on Queen Elizabeth, departing January 19, 2019, from $4349 per person twin share for a balcony stateroom, with credits of up to $US680 per person and deposits reduced to 5 per cent. See cunard.com
• A 45-night P&O Cruises World Cruising voyage from Southampton to Sydney on Arcadia departing January 6, 2019 from $14,139 per person twin share for a balcony stateroom, with on-board credit of £675 per person and 5 per cent deposit. See pocruises.com
• A 13-day New Zealand Panorama voyage from Auckland to Sydney on Holland America Line's Maasdam departing December 8, 2018, from $1799 per person twin share and on-board credits of up to $US250 per person, with a $99 deposit per person. See hollandamerica.com.
• A seven-day Seabourn voyage from Singapore to Benoa (Bali) on Seabourn Encore, departing November 26, 2018, from $4299 per person twin share for a veranda suite, with a $US250 on-board credit per person and 50 per cent reduced deposits. See seabourn.com
For more travel news and inspiration sign up to Escape's newsletter.