Be fit, strong and improve your balance
NAMBUCCA Valley Care has established exercise groups for older people living independently in the community called Nambucca Valley Fit.
These exercise classes are led by Lisa George, registered Certificate IV fitness instructor specialising in exercises for older adults.
These exercises help improve or maintain your current level of strength and balance while working at a pace that suits your individual needs.
One of the most important rewards for older people who exercise is the opportunity to socialise.
Social isolation and mental stagnation are key issues in the older population that can be addressed through group exercise.
Older people, and other adults, prefer to do activities with people of similar age, ability and outlook.
Classes are held at Nambucca Heads on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and at Macksville on Wednesday and Friday and cost $6 a class.
After the class why not indulge yourself with a well-earned coffee and delicious cake at our café whilst chatting and socialising with your friends?
In fact why not stay and have lunch or take a lunch home with you?
Bookings for the BlueGum Function Centre in the grounds of Lakeside Gardens, Macksville has increased as word spreads about the great quality food and service provided.
A range of menu and setting styles are on offer to ensure one is suitable for you. The centre can cater from 20 to 100 guests.
* Kerry says "I am more flexible since starting classes with Lisa, I love the social interaction and my specialist has confirmed my improved strength.
* Kay loves the Friday morning class and says she is definitely stronger and fitter
* Trevor enjoys the exercises and socialising with the wonderful
group of friends he has made
* Marie states she had a trip but didn't fall, believes it was due to increased leg strength.
* Clive says his specialist told him to keep doing what he was doing.
* Kath is feeling stronger and fitter and does the exercises with her husband at home.
* Elaine is feeling more flexible with less leg cramps
* Jan reports the exercises are a good pace, not too fast
Phone: 6598 5000 or visit http://www.nambuccavalleycare.com.au/