$5 a month offer: The news you need, when you need it
IN times of crisis and emergency, the importance of keeping our region fully informed is paramount.
Our local journalists work long hours to cover the stories that really matter, even over the summer holiday period when many others are taking a break.
When there are major disasters, like fires and floods, the information that news websites convey can literally save lives.
But the stories behind the stories - the real human insights - are for our subscribers only.
Local subscribers help fund the vital work we do.
And to that end, we're offering a great deal to ensure we can continue to employ the biggest news teams in our regions to cover stories that matter to you.
- SMOG: The towns breathing in the smoke and dust
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURES: Fire ravages Gregory River
- Video: Firefighters' miraculous efforts to repel blaze
- More fires could put Eungella gem at risk
For just $5 a month for the first three months, we are encouraging those who haven't already become a digital subscriber to give us a go - even just to see what you are missing out on.
Across our regional websites, more than 100,000 have already become subscribers to what is Australia's best value news subscription deal.
Not only does your subscription give you full access to your local website, but also News Corp major metropolitan and regional titles, including The Courier-Mail, The Daily Telegraph, Melbourne's Herald Sun, NT News, the Gold Coast Bulletin, Cairns Post, Townsville Bulletin and Hobart Mercury to name a few.
That gives you access also to News' hugely popular SuperCoach competition via your state website, as well subscriber rewards worth hundreds of dollars each year.
WHAT YOU GET
- Full unrestricted digital access to the Daily Mercury website on all your devices
- Exclusive offers, tickets, ebooks and unique experiences with our subscriber-only +Rewards program worth hundreds a year
OUR APP FEATURES
- Your subscription will deliver full access to our premium app experience for your local newspaper together with News' top metropolitan and regional mastheads
- Ability to set news alerts and notifications making sure you get the news when you want it most
- Access to the Digital Print Edition, to view your local newspaper as it's printed from 5am daily
As a subscriber, you'll see fewer intrusive ads on our site - we've rolled out even more improvements for subscribers that will make our site cleaner, easier to read and faster to load.
Thank you for supporting local journalism that matters. Remember, we're for you.