Keep your bathroom clean and chemical-free
ROSEMARY, SAGE AND LAVENDER AIR FRESHENER
This is an invigorating and floral air freshener, more like yours garden in spring. Rosemary and lavender go together perfectly.
.2 sprigs rosemary
.sprig of sage
.½ teaspoon lavender
.1 lemon, sliced
.a 500ml spray bottle
1. Put all the ingredients into a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over a medium heat, cover, and let it simmer for a further 5 minutes.
2. Let it cool, then strain the liquid and pour it into a spray bottle. Add a fresh sprig of rosemary to infuse in the bottle. This will store for up to a year and you can use it as often as needed.
TOILET BLISS BOMBS
If you do want to make sure that your toilet is clean and fresh without using the chemical bowl tabs, here's how. These bliss bombs clean the toilet and leaves it smelling much nicer.
.250g bicarbonate of soda
.80g citric acid
.10 drops rose oil
.10 drops lavender oil
.5 drops lemon oil
.cotton face mask
.an old silicone ice-cube tray
.glass jar for storage
1. Wear gloves and a face mask - citric acid is strong and could make you cough. Mix the bicarbonate of soda and citric acid in a glass bowl. Fill a spray bottle with some water and very gradually add water to the bowl by spraying and mixing. Use just enough to make the ingredients stick together. Add the essential oils and mix.
2. Press small amounts of the mixture into the ice-cube tray holes. Let it dry overnight, then carefully remove and store in a glass or other airtight jar container.
3. To use, drop one into the toilet, leave it to dissolve and ﬂush on the next use. Use as necessary but no more than once a day.
Try to prevent the build-up of soap scum by wiping down the shower with a cloth or squeegee after your shower. This product is best used weekly when you clean your bathroom. Sprinkle onto a damp surface, scrub and rinse. Test on a small, inconspicuous area first to make sure this is suitable for use in your bathroom.
.250g bicarbonate of soda
.125g non-iodised salt
.125g natural washing soda (soda crystals)
.4-6 drops orange oil
.lidded glass jar for storage (you can use two lids and poke holes in one for sprinkling, then replace it with the full lid for storage)
1. Mix all the ingredients together into a bowl. Place into a jar and shake. Use a spoon to sprinkle. Store in a dry, dark and cool place. Use within three months.
2. Once a week, wet the scummy surface. Sprinkle your scum scrub generously and let it sit for 10 minutes. Scrub with a brush and use an old toothbrush for the tile grout. Rinse.