15 places to be for New Year's in Toowoomba
STILL haven't made the final decision on where you should party in the new year?
There are parties all across the city to choose from and we've compiled a helpful list:
1. Toowoomba Regional Council celebrations: Head down to Frog's Hollow in Queens Park for a New Year's celebration the whole family can enjoy.
The free event kicks off at 4pm with free rides for the kids.
From 5pm there will be games, prizes, circus acts and family entertainment.
The fireworks display will be staged at 7.45pm.
2. Clifford Park: New Year's Eve at Clifford Park is the biggest celebration of the year.
Commemorate the end of 2016 with Lee Kernaghan and live racing action.
Head to www.trybooking.com to find your tickets.
For more information you can call 4634 6066.
3. Jondaryan Woolshed: The Jondaryan Woolshed is another great place to enjoy a family-friendly New Year's celebration.
Experience live music, delicious food and a night of bush dancing the real Australian way, and best of all you can stay.
There are cabins as well as powered and non-powered campsites available.
Book online at www.jondaryanwoolshed.com.au or call 4692 2229.
4. Postmans Ridge Hall Dance: The Postman's Ridge Hall in Murphys Creek regularly plays host to lovely dancing nights throughout the year, but at New Year's they pull out all the stops to celebrate.
Rae Blinco will be playing the tunes and everyone is encouraged to bring a plate of supper to share.
The event kicks off at 7.30pm and entry is $10. For more information call 0412 476 837.
5. MS Hall Dance: If you want to ring in the New Year with your happy feet, the MS Hall in Baker St near USQ is hosting a dance night.
Entry includes supper, a lucky door ticket, lucky spot tickets and Monte Carlo tickets. Jim Kelly will provide the toe-tapping tunes. The event begins at 8pm and entry is $10.
6. The Vault: Toowoomba's only strip club is hosting a Casino Royale-themed New Year's party.
Try your luck at black jack, poker and roulette as you party 2016 away. The event kicks off at 9pm.
7. The Spotted Cow: Things are set to kick off early down at the Spotted Cow.
Why not make a whole day of your New Year's celebrations and head down to cheer on Rousey or Nunes in UFC 207.
The much-anticipated comeback for former UFC champ Ronda Rousey starts at 2pm.
8. The Cube: Celebrations at The Cube are set to kick off at 5pm and it promises to be a night with plenty of chances to win things like free Cube Cash and prizes.
The jukebox and pool tables will be free all night and there will be party games for a bit of hilarity throughout the evening.
9. The Irish Club: Ring in the New year, at The Irish, where the atmosphere is everything.
The beautiful Kate McKay will be singing sweet tunes from 8pm-10pm, then The Screaming Chokos take over the stage from 10pm-2am.
10. Tatts Hotel: Crack out your finest Hawaiian shirt and head to the Tatts for the seventh annual New Year's Eve Beach Party.
The action kicks off at 8pm.
11. Fitzy's and Tapestry: Fitzy's is set to ring in the New Year with live entertainment by their regular musician, Owie, from 8pm, followed by a DJ set from 10pm.
Out the front in Tapestry bar you can tap your toes to musical duo, The Wooly Cookies, from 10pm.
12. The Federal and Blue Mountain Heights hotels: Catch the UFC match between Ronda Rousey and Amanda Nunes from 1pm and then party the night away when you're done.
13. Toowoomba Jazz Club: Head to the North Toowoomba Bowls club and celebrate the end of 2016 with the crew from the Toowoomba Jazz Club.
Popular band Windy City will provide the tunes. Entry is $15 for members and $20 for visitors. Children are admitted free.
For further information visit www.toowoombajazz.com or phone 0428 746 272. The night kicks off at 8pm.
14. Muller Bros: Party under the stars at the Muller Bros rooftop bar from 8pm until late with music by DJ followed by entertainment by the very charming and talented "Sovereign" from the Gold Coast.
The $35 ticket price includes a drink on arrival and canapés.
15. The Office: Your wave into the New Year is waiting at The Office's Laneway Luau! Grab your Hawaiian shirt, or grass skirt, clear your schedule and get ready for a speak easy surf celebration.
There will be live music from Robbie Balmer and A Noble Few as well as heaps of prizes, free food, best dressed competitions and DJ sets until late.
The action kicks off at 6.30pm. Book here.