14 ways to reignite the romance in your relationship
FEBRUARY is the month of love and while romance may not have left your life completely, it might need a gentle wake-up call.
Valentine's Day, on February 14, is a great time to show your love for your partner, friend or secret love.
What about trying some of these old and new ideas to make the day sparkle:
- 1/ Send your valentine a 'secret admirer's' card. It can be one from the local shop, or make one yourself.
- 2/ Share a decadent chocolate fondue.
- 3/ Treat yourselves to a couple's massage. Many spas offer a discount for two-person beauty massages.
- 4/ Profess your love in ink - share a tattoo.
- 5/ Book a table at a restaurant you two haven't been too in quite a while.
- 6/ Book an experience that's on their bucket list.
- 7/ Go for a sunset walk, hand in hand.
- 8/ Serenade them with their favourite song or, for the non-singers among us, borrow a karaoke machine.
- 9/ Cook a simple dinner and dress the table with lit, red candles and a glass of wine.
- 10/ Go to the movie theatre to watch a romantic movie and share a bucket of popcorn.
- 11/ Change your phone's ring tone to Van Morrison's romantic ballad, Have I told you lately that I love you.
- 12/ Leave sweet, hand-written love notes in obvious places.
- 13/ Skinny dip - in a private place, please.
- 14/ Propose for the first time, or again!
If time somehow slips away and you reach February 14 and you still haven't done anything, these last-minute ideas should help keep you out of trouble:
- Send an eCard via www.hallmarkecards.com or www.moonpig.com.au.
- Grab some fresh flowers on the way home; aim for red.
- Buy a big box of chocolates; aim for decadent.
- Turn on an early morning champagne breakfast. Grab the pack of strawberries from the freezer, defrost and pop one in the champagne glass.
Whatever you plan on doing, just don't forget this date - Valentine's Day, February 14!
Video link for Van Morrison song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1izDRxea4o