10 tips for a long and strong marriage
AFTER sixty-six years of marriage, Maryborough's Fay Wyeth says dating should never get old and it's okay to admire the opposite sex as long as it's nothing more.
While Fay and her husband Ron have had their fair share of life's ups and downs, they've sustained a long and fruitful marriage.
Even after sixty-six years of marriage Fay hasn't lost the love for her cheeky husband and his 'beautiful blue eyes.'
Here are Fay's tips for a long and strong marriage:
1. You have to really love one another and show affection
2. Always be there to help one another through the ups and downs
3. It's okay to have an argument and admit that you're wrong from time to time
4. Make time for dating, even if it is breakfast on the front veranda or a coffee together
5. Let each other have differnt interests and always make time for a holiday, even if it is close by
6. It's okay to worry about your partner, but know when to let go of the worry
7. It's not easy, but when you have your own family, always support them no matter what
8. Be open with your partner but it's okay to keep a secret if it's given to you in confidence
9. Over the years you can admire the opposite sex, but only admire, nothing more
10. Always have a sense of humour
Do you have a tip to add to the list? Join the conversation and tell us below.