Terms and Conditions
Seniors Newspapers – Marcia Hines Concert Ticket Giveaway
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent residents of New South Wales to be eligible to enter and reside in the Seniors Newspaper distribution area applicable to them (see Clause 17a, b or c).
- Contestants should be available to attend the performance outlined in their area of residency should they be selected a winner (see Clause 20).
- Contestants acknowledge that by entering this competition, they agree to opt in to receiving newsletters and surveys.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and over to be eligible.
- This competition is a game of chance.
- If contestants wish to opt out of direct marketing, surveys or newsletters, they can write to the Promoter at the address provided in Clause 9.
- Contestants who are under the age of 18 years must have parent/legal guardian permission to enter the competition.
- The Promoter is ARM Specialist Media, 2 Newspaper Place, Maroochydore Qld 4558. ABN 73 064 061 794. Authorised under Permit NSW/ LTPS/16/08137.
Contestants must email their entry to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following information to form a valid entry:
- Name, email, postal address, Date of Birth, and the Seniors newspaper region they live in.
Contestants must then answer the following three questions to complete their entry.
- What is your favourite Marcia Hines song and why?
- What is your Favourite Australian musician of the last 50 years?; and
- How many times in the last month have you gone out to the movies or a show?
- Email address opens on Wednesday, October 12, 2016.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however any contestant can only win one (1) prize.
- There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
- Entries must be received during the Promotion Period (see Clause 25). The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
There will be three (3) winners chosen by random draw. There will be one (1) winner per newspaper site (see listing Clause 17). Each winner will be chosen at random from all email entries received for each individual newspaper site from the following Seniors Newspaper regions:
- Northern News South Wales Seniors Newspaper
- Central Coast Seniors Newspaper
- Coffs & Clarence Seniors Newspaper.
- The winners will receive one (1) of the listed prizes.
- The winners must claim their prize by Monday November 8, 2016.
- Prizes that remain uncollected at November 8, 2016 will be placed in an uncollected prize redraw on November 8, 2016 as per these Terms and Conditions.
One (1) double pass (2 tickets) to see Marcia Hines at one of the following venues:
New Year’s Eve 2016 – REGSHOW, The Grand Ballroom at Bankstown Sports, 8 Greenfield Parade, Bankstown NSW on Saturday December 31, 2016 commencing at 7:30pm AEDT.
- Recommended retail value is $238.00 (inclusive of GST).
General Admission to Marcia Hines ‘ Disco Inferno Show’, Live on stage at Sawtell RSL on November 12, 2016.
- Recommended retail value $121.18 (inclusive of GST).
Marcia Hines Live on Stage ‘Disco Inferno’ Thursday December 8, 2016 commencing at 7:30pm AEDT at Ballina RSL Club Limited.
- Recommended retail value $90.00 (inclusive of GST).
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is up to $440.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash or exchanged.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Wednesday October 12, 2016 and closes at 2:00pm AEST (3:00pm AEDT) November 4, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected by random draw at the Seniors Newspaper office, 2 Newspaper Place, Maroochydore at 4:00pm AEST (5:00pm AEDT) Friday November 4, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone and email.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be published in the listed newspapers on the dates indicated. Winners will be published on Facebook Tuesday November 8, 2016 at
- Central Coast Seniors Newspaper - Monday November 28, 2016.
- Northern NSW Seniors Newspaper – Monday November 21, 2016.
- Coffs & Clarence Seniors Newspaper – Monday November 28, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person unless Winners are otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID may be required.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form if collecting their prize from a newspaper office to confirm collection of their prize.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
36. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
37. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
38. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
39. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
41. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion. If a contestant wishes to opt out of receiving information on Seniors Newspapers for marketing purposes, they must request they be removed from our database by writing to the Promoter at the address shown in clause 9.